Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Dirty Hair

This post was from yesterday:

It's true. My hair is dirty. I am actually practicing for village life. I know we will have no running water, but we will have bucket baths. Certainly I won't be washing my hair every day! I bought this dry shampoo (which I think is really just a spray that turns into a powder) called "Psssst." I am assuming this is supposed to mimic the noise of spraying from the aerosol can? Nonetheless, if you're in Norman and you happen to run into me, don't ask because--yes, it is dirty.

I am sitting here with my little pooch. Aside from having to leave Sarah behind, leaving Okie Doke is going to be one of the toughest parts of this trip. She is so sweet and she makes me smile every day. I worry about being a mom someday. If I am this into my dog, imagine what a crazy mom I will be!

Today I also traded my lovely diamond that David so carefully chose for me when we got engaged for a plain silver band from James Avery. My wedding set will stay in our safety deposit box until we return. It was really weird putting it in there. As I was doing it, I realized that I had not been separated from it (at least the nice diamond-my engagement ring) since it was first given to me at the cute little white church under the stars one November at Westmont college where my parents were married. Okay, really we are not that cute, I had diarrea on the way to the chapel and my parents got divorced 17 years later, but what can you do? It was really all quite perfect considering the two of us.

I also got gifts for our host family! One of the suggested gifts was a teapot, so of course, we leapt at the opportunity! I found a really pretty shiny green pot (that David would like to keep for himself) and we will take some exotic teas to share. I also picked up some Bert's Bees products to give to my house mom. They told us that she would be doing most of the taking care of us, so I figure she could use a little pampering after all the extra work!

Well, 6 more days until the adventure begins!

No comments: